- LED is a type of solid-state lighting that uses a semiconductor to convert electricity into light.
- LED bulbs can be seven times more energy efficient and cut energy use by more than 80% than normal than incandescent lights.
- LED bulbs can last 25,000 (3 years if it runs 24 hours a day) – meaning they can last more than 25 times longer than traditional light bulbs.
- LEDs use energy far more efficiently with little wasted heat.
- LEDs are proven to help the reproduction of animals be a lot faster than normal lighting. They use blues/greens for the young to grow faster and red to reproduce and eat more. Here is alistof all our light depending on the type of animal.
- LEDs contain no mercury, and have a smaller environmental impact than incandescent bulbs.
- LEDs have many advantages over incandescent light sources including lower energy consumption, longer lifetime, improved physical robustness, smaller size, and faster switching.
- Technology has rapidly advanced and costs have dropped tremendously, making LEDs a viable lighting solution. By 2030, it’s estimated that LEDs will account for 75 percent of all lighting sales.
- Switching entirely to LED lights over the nexttwo decadescould save the U.S. $250 billion in energy costs, reduce electricity consumption for lighting by nearly 50 percent and avoid 1,800 million metric tons of carbon emissions.
For more information check out our website!